What Does CND Stand For?
Do you want to get into cybersecurity and become a highly paid security specialist? If so, then you might be browsing for security training. You might have come across the “CND” acronym and wondered what it stands for.
CND stands for Certified Network Defender, a cybersecurity certification that appeared for the first time in 2016. It’s one of the most sought-after courses in the cybersecurity world made by the EC-Council. CND is also an extensive hands-on lab training for security specialists.
In this article, you’re going to get a brief introduction to CND. You’ll learn what it is and why it’s important today. If you’re looking for a career in cybersecurity, this article will be a fun read.
Why Is CDN Important?
There’s a deep need for security because online data is subject to cyber-attacks. Today, many people and businesses rely on information systems. They depend on it for storing and managing customer databases, financial records, and even personal information.
Attackers are also trying to find security loopholes to carry out their attacks. Without security keeping up, the whole system would collapse.
For example, malicious ransomware attacks can compromise vulnerable systems. Advanced Persistent Threats can also remain undetected for years, which cost organizations millions and even billions of dollars in losses.
As life becomes more digital and paperless, the need for security training is key to fight back.
Can the CDN certification help you get a job in the security sector? There’s no question about it! Highly advanced certification can help you get a job. But CDN isn’t only for beginner security specialists. It’s also for active security professionals.
You see, there are millions of security specialists with outdated knowledge. They need to relearn security to become more prepared for tackling new security threats. They’re the weakest link in the security chain, so to speak.
If cybercriminals can steal customer records from Air India, then nobody is safe. That’s why security training like CDN is crucial in the digital world.
Even tech giants aren’t safe from attacks even with their unlimited access to funds and talent. In short, security training will bring you rare career opportunities in prestigious organizations.
Meet The EC-Council
The International Council of E-Commerce Consultants, or EC-Council for short, is a members-only computer training school that certified individuals in security and e-business proficiencies.
They’re the largest organization that focuses on cybersecurity best practices in the world. Their flagship program was the Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) program until they developed the CDN. Because the EC-Council is focusing on developing security-specific programs regardless of vendors, their programs provide a holistic approach to security that includes all security systems without bias.
Their reporter includes programs such as the Certified Secure Computer User, Certified e-Business Professional, and EC-Council Certified Security Specialist. And of course, the Certified Network Defender program.
So, why is the CDN that special?
Unlike CEH, CDN takes a defensive approach to network security:
- While most security training focuses on filling the knowledge gap, CDN exists to fill the skills gap. This approach prioritizes applying best practices instead of talking about them.
- CDN is for everyone involved in network security, not just cybersecurity specialists. It’s a comprehensive training that’s useful across all IT disciplines.
- The goal of CDN is to help defensive security teams deal with constant security breaches in an increasingly digital world.
- CDN focuses on developing a framework that protects, detects, responds, and predicts cyber-attacks. This quick adaptation to evolving threats brings you closer to minimizing their damage.
So, it’s not only about reversing the attacks but also preventing them from happening in the first place.
A Sample Of What You Can Learn From The CDN Program
By the time you read this article, there might be a new version of CDN with an updated curriculum. However, the latest CDN v2 curriculum includes topics like:
- Analyzing networks and generating data for assets. From firewalls, software, ports to security protocols.
- Access control standards and how they affect users on the network along with operating system software controls.
- Securing IoT devices and their networks, including manufacturing plants, smart energy grids, and building automation.
- Performing auditing and mapping for networks to detect and close security gaps.
- Securing cloud and wireless networks.
- Conducting military-level risk assessment and plan accordingly.
- You’ll learn how to solve cyber crimes and respond to emergencies.
- A proactive approach to security that answers questions like “what happened” and “what is happening and why?”
- Gather and analyze information to predict security breaches and kill them in the cradle.
- Use long management software to review logs as they happen.
- Protect individual devices and networks from cyber threats.
- Understand different types of firewalls and how to implement them
- Analyze network traffic to detect cyberattacks.
- Learn several security approaches to enforce security policies, control access to network resources, and collecting more information.
All in all, the CDN v2 course has 20 modules, with each module containing a lot of subcategories. It’s a gigantic course that’s meant to be the definitive answer to security training.
Should You Get The CDN?
CDN is one of the best, if not the best, cybersecurity training you can get. It’ll prepare you for a world of digital transformation by equipping you with in-demand skills that are relevant today.
If you’re working in IT, networking, or Big Data, this certification will be a shining star in your resume. It’ll help you advance your career and even get a new job in the tech industry.
Remember, even tech giants are vulnerable to cyber-attacks. And they’re always hiring remote workers. If you want to work from your laptop, travel, and be free from the rat race, the CDN certification is for you.
The CDN exam is difficult, but it’s not impossible to pass. Focus on your studies and build a career you love. To start, you can take the CDN assessment and determine whether you want to apply for the program.
It’s not a small commitment. However, if you feel like you have what it takes, it can be the ride of your life.