How to connect wifi router to another wifi router without wires
Sometimes it is difficult to place the visible cable from one room to another because of its nasty appearance. You can connect two wifi routers to increase the range of wifi signals; it only requires two wifi routers. Connect two WiFi routers offline using Ethernet network or Bridge mode. This method is very useful for long-distance connections where body cables are impossible to connect, due to the length and complexity of the problems.
Advantages of connecting two Wifi Routers without a cable (Ethernet)
This method not only saves the cable but also saves time to lay the cable and gives you a connection without maintenance.
Suitable for the situation, where there is some construction work going on at home or in the office station.
Use a prominent Ethernet network platform to connect two wireless Wi-Fi hotspots and plug the visible cable into the bridge’s wireless connection.
Steps to connect two Wi-Fi Routers without a cable to extend the distance
By connecting your wireless Wi-Fi hotspots, you can expand both the range and the maximum number of Internet connections it can handle. To do the same, the easiest and most promising way to connect two routers is to use Ethernet, although you can use a wireless router to connect to a primary router with your second router.
First Method is to Utilize the prompt use of Ethernet Network
- To begin the process, be sure to determine the main Wi-Fi router. This will be a Wi-Fi router connected to a dedicated modem or wall outlet.
Note: In case you have two identical routers, you can use any of them as the primary router.
- Now, it’s time to choose a second Wi-Fi hotspot. This will be the router that extends through your actual network. The second Wi-Fi router will control the secondary network when you create a LAN-to-WAN network.
- The next step, place both routers next to your PC or laptop. This step is required so that you can easily access both routers.
- After this, you can use an Ethernet cable to connect both routers (LAN-to-LAN or LAN-to-WAN Connection).
Note: You can use a LAN-to-LAN connection to extend your Wi-Fi range to install a second router. On the other hand, a LAN-to-WAN connection forms a secondary network within a larger network, allowing you to set limits on any computers, Smartphone devices, or other devices connected to it.
- Start performing the initial setup process of your Wifi router. Connect your primary router to your modem using an Ethernet cable, then connect your primary to your modem via cable, and then connect your pc device to the router via a separate Ethernet cable.
Note: If you are a Mac user, you can purchase Ethernet on a USB-C adapter popularly known as “Thunderbolt 3” to fix this problem. For Windows, if you do not have Ethernet ports, you can purchase Ethernet on a USB adapter.
- Configure your main Wi-Fi router with the appropriate settings using a router manual or online texts.
- After this, change the DHCP settings, and do the same by following these settings:
- Go to the router page and set the router addresses between 1.2 and 192.168.1.50.
- If possible, to create a LAN-to-LAN network, you can leave the DHCP settings in its default.
- Now, prepare the second route by crossing the first route and connecting the second and performing the following steps:
- Open the router page and change the IP address to match the first router, then increase the second to last digit (eg 192.168.1.1 becomes 192.168.2.1).
- You When creating a LAN-to-WAN network, change the WAN IP address to 192.168.1.51.
- Now, tap “Subnet mask” and disable the UPnP on the second channel if that is the case.
- After this, configure the DHCP server on the second channel and switch the wireless channel, so that the signals do not interfere.
- Place both of your routers and use the Ethernet cable between the two routers.
- Finally, connect the routers, Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to any LAN port of the mainline, and then connect the other end of the cable to the LAN port after the second line to complete the process.
Second Method is to use Wireless Network
- To begin with, just make sure your equipment is compatible, as most wireless routers can be used as wireless access points.
- Now, place both of your Wifi routers next to your computer and perform the initial process of setting up the router as (directed above).
- The next step, configure your router by entering the router’s IP address in the web browser. If you are unable to find the router settings on your router page in all of these ways, touch the router manual or online documents.
- Open the second route configuration page and connect the second route to your pc device with an Ethernet cable and open the stoppage. To do this, access the “Internet” or “Wireless” page once signed in.
- The next step, enable Bridge Mode. To perform the setup, follow the procedure:
- Select “Bridge Mode” or “Recurrence Mode” from “Network Mode”, “Wireless Mode” or the “Connection Type” menu on the Wireless page.
- If you did not find these menu options, it may be that your router does not support blogging.
- When the above-mentioned process is complete, specify a secondary domain IP address within the range of the main route.
- Now, enter the unique name of your second route and set the second route where you get at least 50% signal strength from the main route.
By following these proven steps, you can connect two wifi lines without getting a cable.
Connect two wireless Wi-Fi routers in Bridge Mode
Connecting two wireless Wi-Fi routers can have many advantages. The first advantage of connecting a wireless connection is that it will provide wireless wifi signals to your home as well as your office. Here are the uses of a wireless router connection outside the bridge.
• Connect your wireless desktop from LAN cable using WiFi router bridge mode.
• Turn your non-WiFi camera into a wireless camera using a WiFi route connection.
• Use wireless connectivity to connect your NVR, DVR, Network printer and other network devices without setting up a physical connection.
• Connect two offices or two wireless locations where body cable laying is not possible.
How to connect two TP-Link WiFi Routers wirelessly
For that use a TP-Link Wireless router to connect wirelessly. You can use any kind of routers for this function it doesn’t matter what company are they from.
To set up wifi route configuration in bridge mode, you needed access to both routes.
You will require IP address of the router which is written on router manual or you can find it online. If you are using a router for first time you can get help from youtube and configure its settings.
Find out how to get your Wi-Fi router for the first time from a laptop/desktop.
• 192.168.0.1/192.168.1.1 Tenda Login
Initial configuration of WiFi Router for Wireless Bridge
Wireless connectivity on two router requires individual configuration.
Connect your first Router and login by default the settings you have on your device.
Original WiFI router mode Operating mode such as Access Point (AP) mode
The first router will be set to AP mode. You need to set a wireless name, password and channel settings.
Go to Operation Mode or Operation mode with any other Product Router.
Select Access Point and press the Save button to apply the settings.
Wireless settings for First WiFi Router
- Go to wireless settings
- Wireless network name: (type wifi name in this box)
- Region: Select your country To comply with telecom regulations.
- Channel: (1 to 13) Select channel number from the list (use the wireless analyzer to check the level of interference on all channels)
- Press the Save button to apply the settings
Wireless Security Settings for First WiFi Routers
Wireless- Wireless Security
WPA / WPA2 – Personal: (select circle to use this)
Wireless password: Set a password in the box. (This password will be used to connect to a second wireless router).
Press the Save button to apply the settings.
Router initial adjustment is performed. Now do not turn off the first router. Save the power connecting to the second wifi router.
• How to track who uses your Wi-Fi from Mobile (3 Way)
• The Best Way To Promote Your Wi-Fi Up To 10x Fast [Tricks]
Second WiFi Connector Configuration AS Client Mode
Now TP-Link’s second wifi router will configure as a client mode to connect wirelessly to the first WiFi router.
First Change the IP address of the second WiFi Router for the first time or Default IP is set.
Access the WiFi router and follow the IP address change instructions first to avoid network conflicts.
Go to Network- LAN
Domain Address: 192.168.o.254 (this is the default IP Address of the TPLink router, change the IP address here and unlock the device with a new IP address.
Click the Save button and restart the device with the new IP address.
Switch to Client Mode for Second WiFi Router now
- Switch from second router operation mode to client mode first.
- Go to Operation Mode:
- Select a client mode from the list and press the save button.
- Now Scan and Connect the original device wirelessly.
- Go to wireless settings
- Press the test buttonYou will find a whole list of wireless names that work in the same place.
- Get your first Router wifi name set up in the steps above.
- After pressing the connect button you will get to the wireless settings.
- Type the password for the first default WiFi router as Access Point mode.
- Password: type the password of the AP device to connect wirelessly.
- Press the save button and restart the device to apply the settings.
If the phone is successfully connected your wireless bridge mode will be suspended and you can use it for CCTV, NVR, network printer or another network device.
Note: You should make sure that both of the routers are visible to each other to minimize the disconnection problem. The viewing line should be clear to make strong connections for the wireless bridge. You can check the bridge device signal on the status page.
How Can You Extend WiFi Range Alternative To Wireless?
Connecting two routers with an Ethernet cable can be a daunting task – not to mention that high-quality Ethernet cables are not exactly cheap. For some operating costs, you can extend the WiFi range with another router without a cable by setting a new router as a wireless repeater.
The wireless multiplication function is simple: repeat the signal from your main router. Unfortunately, not all WiFi routers can work as repeaters, so do your research and choose the one that doesn’t. Alternatively, you can replace the stock firmware with DD-WRT, another router firmware with many useful features.
Do the following on how to connect a router to another router wireless steps to connect a router to another router without a cable.
Step 1: First, check that the devices are compatible.
Step 2: Next, to create a separate wireless network within the routers, one of the routers must have the power of ‘Bridge’ ‘Extender’ or ‘Repeater’.
Step 3: Now, place both routers next to the computer.
Step 4: Connect the first router to the modem via an Ethernet cable.
Step 5: Install another Ethernet cable from computer to router.
Step 6: Continue the process of connecting the router to another router step by step configuration.
Step 7: Launch a new web page and enter the IP address of the router.
Step 8: Now, go to the configuration page of the second router.
Step 9: Using an Ethernet cable, connect the computer to a second router and open the configuration page.
Step 10: Go to the wireless setup page after logging in and continue the process of connecting the router to another router without a guide.
Step 11: Select Bridge Mode or Repeater Mode under the Network menu.
Step 12: Type the IP address within the range of the main route.
Step 13: Make sure the second Subnet Mask number is the same as the subnet mask for the first or primary router.
Step 14: Now, type in the specific name of the second router.
Step 15: Check that the security of both routers is WPA2 and make sure they both have the same password.
Step 16: Once you are done with the configuration by following this how to connect a router to another router without a guide, install the router anywhere within range.